Through the eyes of a newbieby Rob Galanakis on 11/09/2012
It’s been fun to see the frustrations, problems, and questions she’s had:
- For loops. So hideous. I don’t know who invented such the syntax “for (i=0; i<100;i++)”, but really I blame the people that continued the tradition into later languages where it is a truly stupid syntax.
- Speaking of i++/i–. What are these things and why do they exist?
- Curly braces. What a waste of space!
- var. When do I use it and when do I not use it?
- Why do I need to end my lines with semicolons?
I’ll certainly have much more to say once she moves into the rest of JS, and then into Python.
Also, Code Academy is really firstname.lastname@example.org